Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: The Long Road Home

Hello, blogsphere! It's been a long time, hasn't it, especially since the last Teaser Tuesday? This semester (and my 18 credits of DOOM) has really been kicking my butt - I've not been writing much, I haven't been blogging (obviously), I haven't been reading other people's blogs (my apologies), et cetera, et cetera. I'm home on Thanksgiving Break, though, so I get a little bit of a reprieve - and you get a teaser! - before I head back into the madness that is college.

This is the opening of my new project, which I am currently working on for my historical fiction class. I'm going to continue with it after this semester is over, though. When I finally forced myself to start writing this, words just started flying from my fingertips, and I was reminded that I do really like writing after all. It was a great feeling.

The story is set in rural Ireland, the spring after the worst winter of the Great Famine. Because I like being cruel to my characters. Also, Maire is pronounced like MY-rah. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------
*snipped*

3 comments:

  1. SO good! I wonder who the mysterious man is (or was) That last line...wow. I really do hope you continue this when you can. It's a great start and...it almost makes me want to write something historical too. Thanks for teasing and enjoy your break! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Raven! I am definitely continuing with this; I'm so glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Caitlin! It was nice coming across your blog--I'm writing a historical fantasy myself these days. You're writing's good, I hope to read a lot more of it one day (sooner rather than later, please). :)

    ReplyDelete