I am ridiculously excited about this, which I know makes my parents roll their eyes a lot. (Sorry, parents.)
But Lisa, wonderful though she is, has spent all her life as a Dog Person. Which means that it is now up to me, a lifelong Cat Person, to instruct her in the ways of cat behavior.
Fortunately, the internet loves few things better than cats. Well, perhaps comparing Benedict Cumberbatch to otters, but that's about it. So I have compiled a handy list of the strange things that cats do to better prepare Lisa for this kitten.
1. They are strangely fond of sleeping in sinks.
2. Similarly, they are incredibly good at being in places where they do not belong.
3. Boxes are basically cat heaven.
4. For animals that are so graceful, they are really quite skilled at being massive derps. For example:
5. Cat hair will get everywhere. I mean everywhere.
6. They are really, really insistent.
(And half the time, for instance when you are eating a salad or something else very unappealing to cats, they will harass you until they are absolutely, 100% certain they didn't actually want it in the first place.)
7. They tend to think that you've died if you close a door on them.
8. This and other cat idiosyncrasies sometimes make daily tasks rather difficult.
10. But let's be real here. They are just.
I, for one, am super excited to have cat hair on everything and enjoy the company of a little fuzzy creature again. I think it's going to be pretty awesome.
And don't worry, dear readers. This is the internet. There will be cat pics. ;)