Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: Rain, Rain

So remember... three weeks ago when I was all excited and said "Guess who hit 20,000 words, yay!" Well, three weeks later and I have yet to hit 22,000. I am such a terribly slow writer. Slow, and stuck, and so so so busy. Argh.

I'd like some feedback on this scene. Their conversation went in a different direction than I had wanted - I had intended for them to find something in common, but instead it just highlighted how different they are, again. One of those "the character takes the reins" moments, I suppose, but I'd like to know what you think of it.

Background info: it's raining, and they're in a giant tent.

Enjoy!

-----------------------------
*snipped*

---------------------------

Also, I wanted to thank everyone for your wonderful, thoughtful comments on my dialogue post! You guys rock. :)

2 comments:

  1. It feels almost as if they're in two completely different words, when they hear what the other is saying, but don't fully understand it. I like it though, I love the tension. It's very real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh nice! Tension is great. Dialogue is great. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete