Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: New Project?

Hi guys! Haven't done one of these in a while... whoops. I haven't been able to write anything in a loooooong time. Yay sleep deprivation!

But now that I have a little time to myself, and enough time to get some sleep, I've been trying to come up with a new project. It's been tricky, since I've decided I'm abysmal at plot (there will probably be a post about this later) but this is a little piece from one of my options. I wrote most of it before history class yesterday and was very excited to have written something at all.

If I wind up going with this one, I believe I shall call it Shadows on the Stars, after a line in the song/poem that inspired it, which is called Sure on this Shining Night. My roommate's chorus just performed it (that's not them, sadly; they were much better) and I've been rather obsessed with it ever since.

So, without further ado:




So, what do you think? Is this worth pursuing? Horribly cliched? Just plain weird? Guy pov, what were you thinking Caitlin? Comments and critiques would be most appreciated!!


  1. Definitely worth pursuing. I really, really, REALLY like this. The imagery was great, and well, I like to read male POV. It's refreshing :)

  2. Oh, I LOVE the atmosphere in this! (And I seem to be saying that a lot about your teasers :) )

    Definitely definitely write more!! <3

  3. Loved the descriptions, because I was hooked from the first line. I think it would be great if you carried on with it.

  4. This is beautifully written. I vote that you should write more!