Friday, July 29, 2011

Book Review: FOREVER

So, after a long wait thanks to inexplicable Amazon silliness, I finally got my hands on FOREVER, the final installment of Maggie Stiefvater's Wolves of Mercy Falls trilogy.

I've got to say, Maggie Stiefvater is truly fantastic at plotting out a series. With LINGER, my fears of second-book-syndrome being the inevitable follow up to SHIVER's gorgeous conclusion were smashed. And of course she continues from LINGER's cliffhanger to the perfect conclusion in FOREVER. It was exactly the kind of ending I like best - all the important things have been taken care of, but not wrapped up so neatly that it seems fake in all its shiny tidiness. It was bittersweet (beware page 374), but satisfying.

My one major complaint from LINGER was Cole St. Clair, and I liked him so much more in FOREVER. I'm not sure if I just came to terms with him or if it was that he was less of a jerk, but I was much happier to read the chapters in his pov.

Also: Grace and Sam are beyond adorable and I love them to bits. TO BITS I TELL YOU.

It's a very spoil-able book, so I don't want to say too much. But trust me, if you haven't read this yet, absolutely do. I'm sad to say goodbye to Mercy Falls, but this is exactly the way such an excellent series should end. Brava, Maggie Stiefvater, brava. I can't wait for THE SCORPIO RACES!

2 comments:

  1. I'm praying there's a copy left when I go to Borders this weekend. Though, I'm honestly scared to read it. LINGER destroyed me. The only redeeming factor that I can remember from that book was Cole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was afraid to read it too, but trust me on this one. I mean it when I say it's a bittersweet ending, but it's the right ending.

    ReplyDelete