Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Back to School Things!

Hello guys! I'm back at Ithaca! Woots!



I didn't so much miss my lovely concrete block walls, but my Doctor Who poster is another matter... ;)

In spite of the fact that it means I won't get any sleep from now until Thanksgiving break, and already have homework (which I should really start doing), I'm excited to be back. I'm really looking forward to taking some upper-level writing classes, especially my Historical Fiction and Editing & Publishing classes. I feel like this semester, what I want to write and what I have to write will be more aligned than they usually are, and I think it's going to be awesome.

I'm going to keep up my Tuesday/Thursday blogging schedule as best I can, although my 18 credits may or may not require a few gif spam posts or funny YouTube videos now and again. Teaser Tuesdays will return, although probably not every week - I'm enjoying keeping my current project a secret, as I'd like to use it to experiment with a few things and am just writing it for myself right now. (Although I'm sure I could be persuaded to share a few pieces of it later.)

If you are going back to school soon or have already gone back, best of luck for a good semester! Hopefully we can all keep our heads above the tidal waves of homework.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, school. That's awesome that what you have to write and what you like to write will be more similar this semester!

    I love having secret WIPS. Makes it so much fun! But hopefully we can persuade you to share some of it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Historical Fiction sounds awesome! I hate the balance of schoolwork and writing - those 3000 words about the Rise of the Third Reich could totally have been another chapter in my WIP, etc etc.

    However, I only have one semester left of my degree! Hooray!

    PS. Secret project!? Ooh la la. You've got me intrigued - secrecy is the key to interest ;)

    ReplyDelete