Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: We're in trouble now

I'm betting you guys will recognize this. It's the werewolf story, version 4.0! The fourth time's the charm, right??

I've changed it so that it is set in the middle of Paris during the Reign of Terror, and I've finally found a concrete plot for it - which you may be able to figure out based on this snippet.

The beginning is very similar to the beginning of version three, only without the gryphon. Instead, Rose and Avar run into some members of the National Guard, and apparently, being seen in the company of a werewolf is not a good move. The next morning, Rose is sneaking back home (and Avar is making sure she gets there) when this happens.

I hope you guys like this reincarnation. I'm quite pleased with it so far - I'm just hoping the nice historical tone of the last attempt has carried over.

Enjoy!

-----------------

*snipped*

3 comments:

  1. Well, I enjoyed it. :) I haven't read the other versions, so I can't compare, but I like the tone and the voice. Also clear here is the driving force for the main character (assuming that's Rose), at least for the first part of the book.

    Question: How is Avar recognized as a werewolf?

    I suggest having Avar hold his hand over her mouth to silence Rose, especially because she then pokes around to look. Would he take even the smallest chance that she would cry out?

    Also, wearabouts should be whereabouts.

    Thanks so much for sharing! And good luck with this revisioning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And whoops, I'll go fix that spelling mistake, thanks for catching that...

    Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Caitlin, I am so impressed. The Reign of Terror is one of the focal points of my major (Robespierre and the French Revolution, woo!), and you've captured it so well in such this little snippet.

    4th's time the charm. Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete